This Sustainability Statement (“Statement”), prepared in accordance with the Main Market Listing Requirements (“MMLR”) of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad (“Bursa Securities”), sets out what the Board considers as material sustainability risks and opportunities, collectively known as Material Sustainability Matters (“MSMs”), that impact the way the Group’s operations are carried out as well as how such MSMs are managed to achieve the strategic objectives of the Group. This Statement also explains the governance structure of the Group in overseeing sustainability matters and how measures are being deployed to achieve their desired results. The contents of this Statement encompass the entire Group’s operations. In preparing this Statement, the Board has considered the Sustainability Reporting Guide and its accompanying Toolkits, issued by Bursa Securities.
Kim Loong Resources Berhad (“Kim Loong”) group’s principal activities, which remain largely unchanged during the financial year ended 31 January 2023, comprise investment holding, cultivation of oil palm, processing of oil palm fresh fruit bunches and marketing of oil palm products, processing of oil palm fibre and biogas and power generation. These businesses are streamlined into two (2) main segments, namely plantation operations and palm oil milling operations.
As a responsible corporate citizen, the Company, via its Board of Directors (“Board”), is mindful of the need to have, and supports a growth strategy that incorporates sustainable development and management.
Our sustainability management are guided by the four key principles. The Group, in all its undertaking seeks a balance between all four pillars to create constructive and long-term shared values for our stakeholders, whilst managing risks in a holistic manner.
- To practise responsible stewardship on the environment given that our business is closely related to nature.
- To adhere to the principles of sustainable development for the benefit of current and future generations.
- To build mutually beneficial relationship with the communities where we operate and with society at large through active engagements.
- To enrich the communities where we operate.
As our people is our most important asset, we strive
- To create a conducive and balanced working environment encircling good practices, safety and well-being of employees.
- To attract and retain talent and nurture our employees to enable them to realise their full potential.
- To remunerate employees commensurating to their academic and work achievements.
- To provide continuous development through training and further academic learning.
- To conduct our business with honesty, integrity and a commitment to excellence.
- To personify exemplary corporate governance and transparent business conduct.